The present day location of Sangster’s Crossroads is at the intersection of Ox Road and Chapel Road in Fairfax County. This intersection is also known as Butts Corner.
William Elzey sold 300 acres of land to Thomas Sangster in 1777. William Elzey was granted most of this 300 acres of land when he was a resident of Fairfax County in 1743. The rest of the acreage was purchased in a smaller parcel.
This 300 acres of land included Butts Corner, the Sangster Family Cemetery at 11200 Chapel Road, and the land where Sangster’s Station was located. The marker for Sangster's Station is located near present day Clifton, Virginia.