Sandy: There was a Pvt. Harrison Bryant, age 21, Co. C. 8th Mississippi Infantry killed at the Battle of Franklin, Tennessee on Nov. 30, 1864. He is buried in the McGavock Confederate Cemetery, Mississippi Section 32, Grave 159.
(Perhaps a Brother)?
There were also the following Confederate Pension applied for from the 8th Mississippi Infantry under the name of Bryant.
1. J. M. Bryant, Smith County, Miss. 1918
2. Nancy J. Bryant, (Widow of N. Bryant), Smith Co. 1922
3. Norris Bryant (husband of above) 1916
4. Sopha Bryant (widow of Jessey Bryant, Covington Co. 1906
5. Susan A. Bryant (widow of J.M. Bryant) Smith Co. 1923
The following member of the 8th Mississippi Infantry with the last name of Bryant were listed in Mississippi Grave Registrations, Vol.l by Bettty Couch Wiltshire:
1. J. F. Bryant, 1846-1927 bn Georgia, buried Forrest Co. Ms.
2. James M. Bryant, 1843-1923 bn & buried Smith Co. Ms.
3. Norris B. Bryant, 1838-1922 Smith Co. Miss.
Hope this proves of some assistance.